Some of these personal stories what makes Cycle Day so special and unique and inspires each one of us and convinces this city needs it.
* A foreign national from the USA chooses Bangalore instead of Delhi because it is better city in terms of Cycling. Just a week here in Bangalore and still staying in a Hotel. Rode all the way from Cox town. Rides a Brompton foldie very excited to be part of it, told he is going to be there every month.
* A lady calls from Devanahalli (50+ kms one way to Jayanagar). She is 70 years, do not know how to ride a bike. She would like to take part in Cycle Day if someone is willing to teach her how to ride a bike. Do we need a better example to understand age is just a number!?
* Ashok Thiruvengadam stays in HAL has to drop his son to cricket coaching at 7.30 am, Palace grounds and need to pick him back at 9.45 am. Puts the bike in his car drops the son parks the car at Palace grounds cycles to Jayanagar and spends some good time meeting all the bikers and goes back.
* RJ Raaj stays quite far, getting late to be in time. Finally an auto guy more than happy to take both RJ Raaj and the bicycle to Jayanagar and without even charging extra. RJ Raaj that is the commitment to the cause and auto driver Shivraj is very happy to know about Cycle Day.
* Previous day i met a lady while distributing the pamphlet is doctor by profession. She was so excited knowing about it, she told she commutes on bicycle 5 days a week and her hubby too is a doctor working in Manipal and he too commutes on bicycle.
* Pavan krishna a 7th standard student. Comes early to the venue, we were heading to taking position of junctions and cross roads. He just rides with us, listens to everything what we were discussing. Then i asked him are you keen on volunteering in one of the cross road, he said yes and took the position. After sometime he called his parents as they stay near by joined within minutes. Mom and Dad helping him manage the junction as cyclists come. Four of the volunteers are studying in 8th standard (Dheeraj, Khushal, Yashash )
* Monday morning i was commuting to work on the way i see a Police Officer and recognized him he was there on Cycle Day doing his duty. I stopped my bicycle and went to him and thanking him for the awesome job on Cycle Day, to my surprise he hugged me as he was doing that joy and happiness was visible in his eyes, as i left from that place tears rolled down on my cheeks......"I told to myself this Cycle Day is dedicated to YOU and to all the Police Officers."
|Mr. G.T.Srinivas with his team, respect for you sir!!|
|Mr. G.T. Srinivas leading from the front|
|Cycles on rent neatly organised|
|Ambulance ready to take care|
|bike on display from Cadence90|
|warm up session by Gold's Gym|
|RJ Raag arriving in style and auto driver Shivraj|
|Beautiful stage, Pranav with Mr. Vijaya Kumar-MLA and Dr. Manjula madam -Commissioner DULT|
|Sea of Cyclists|
|Smitha Rao and RJ Raag of RED FM|
|Time to stop complaining, is not it.....!?|
|As usual BOTS at its creative best Shyamala Kittene|
|Bike Maintenance workshop by BOTS - Suraj here|
Photo Credits to Naresh Khandai, Vinay Srinivas, BOTS, Esaf Bangalore, Vijesh Mohan, RJ Raag and SK Srinivas
|Awesome tag - a design by team DULT|
|December Cycle Day poster|
|open street - street drawing|
|Lagori - (My favorite game)|
|Kids busy drawing....|
What this Cycle Day has done is, adult becoming kid, Chiddu enjoying barefoot skipping
|What is your choice and the lovely gift to the winners|
|She is in Air!!!|
|this is how it was looking...|
|kids on stage|
|Slow cycle race for cops he is the winner as Srinidhi watching it|
|They loved it too....|
|This is how clean when we left the place|
|Volunteers at the end thanking all countless volunteers/bikers out there who made a difference to December Cycle Day|
|Hope is not lost, is not it!?|
Happy new year wishes to everyone here and out there....